Sawyer is becoming his own person: grumpy when he doesn't get his way, wanting everything we have (even if he has the same thing right in front of him), trying to reach things on counters and tables, opening doors, demanding to be read to, and communicating what he wants more clearly. He thinks signing 'please' will get him everything he wants and throws a fit when it doesn't. In some areas we are happy to hand over the reins. This is one of his earlier attempts at feeding himself. Scott is holding the jar, Sawyer is holding the spoon...
For Halloween we went down to Amanda and Noah's house to trick-or-treat with Isabelle and Micah. By the time we were going door to door, Sawyer was so tired. The street we were on had a lot of split level homes, which had a lot of stairs. Sawyer wanted to climb up every stair, even if he had already gone to the door. He would throw a fit when I would pick him up to walk to the next house. We only went to about 20 houses before Sawyer was done. Overall, it was not the greatest night. Scott had to work and was sad to miss out on all of the fun. We dressed Sawyer up as a skunk. I was a skunk for my second Halloween, so we thought it was appropriate. This is a picture of the 3 kids going up to one of the houses.
The Lion, the Skunk, and Dorothy. (Sawyer was so zoned.)
I gave the lil' stinker a sucker after we started to walk back to the house. At first he didn't want it, but I made him try it. It took about 2 seconds for him to decide that he liked it, then I couldn't get it away from him.
These videos are kinda random. Sawyer LOVES to read books. This is one of his favorites. One night he got the giggles when Scott was reading to him. Of course I didn't think to get the camera until he was just about done, but you can still hear how hilarious he thought it was.
This next one is my attempt to record Sawyer on the phone with Grandma. (She is actually on the phone talking to him.) Whenever he gets on the phone he begins walking all around the house in circles the entire time he is talking.
I wish that we had more family around that could watch and enjoy the everyday happenings that occur. There are so many funny moments that are precious to us, but we cannot possibly record them all. We hope you enjoy these snippits as much as we do. 'Til next time!
4 comments:
Holy crud! He is so cute! I love his halloween costume. Adorable.
we have those same batman pj's for Marcus! :)
such a cute little skunk he makes!
Rachel, thanks for your Christmas card! And thanks especially for your blog site address, now I can really keep on top of you guys and all your happenings! I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and that your coming year is a good one. Give me a call sometime!! :-)
Post a Comment